We’re going back to basics this week with classic avocado on toast. Creamy avocado makes a quick, satisfying and filling meal. Smooth and creamy avocado also makes for the perfect carrier for your Kfibre prebiotic fibre supplement too! This is going to be the easiest and the last avocado toast recipe you will ever need to know.
Fun fact: did you know that you can freeze avocado? If you’re on a low FODMAP diet and are limited to a small serve size, try freezing it in ice cube tray with a drizzle of lemon juice
Avocado on Toast
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 1
You will need:
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 1 tbsp feta
- 1/2 tsp Kfibre
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 slice of crusty bread
- Handful of spinach leaves
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Place avocado Kfibre, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and mash to combine. Place to the side.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Crack the egg into a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp of vinegar to the water and stir to create a vortex. Slowly tip the egg into the middle of the vortex. Once the egg is done to your liking, remove with a slotted spoon and rest the spoon on a paper towel to drain excess water.
- Toast the bread. Spread with avocado and top with the egg, chilli flakes and spinach.
- Limit avocado to 30g and add a little extra feta to make it go further
- Use sourdough bread
Dairy free: Omit or use dairy free feta
Gluten Free: Use gluten free bread