If you enjoy having your fibre supplement in a drink, then you’ll likely be putting your Kfibre into a smoothie. With the silly season upon us what better reason do we need to put your Kfibre into your Eggnog.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Makes: serves: 6
You will need:
6 large egg yolks
½ cup sugar
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups of milk
1 tbsp Kfibre
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup bourbon (or extra milk for a virgin version)
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar together until light and creamy. Place to the side.
- Combine milk, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, Kfibre in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir often until mixture is just simmering.
- Add hot milk to the egg mixture a spoonful at time, whisking well between additions. Once the milk and eggs are combined, pour the mixture back into the saucepan and return to the heat. Stir constantly until the mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla and bourbon. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Low FODMAP:Use lactose free milk and cream
- Dairy free:Use plant based mylk and cream
- Gluten free:no changes necessary