Packed with flavour, these tofu satay skewers are just as much for vegans as well and non-vegans. We’ve simply marinated the tofu in a coconut based satay sauce, grilled in the oven and served with a spicy and gut friendly (thanks Kfibre) satay sauce.
One of the cool things about Kfibre original is that it’s pure virgin sugar cane. It has no flavours or colours, so can be added to almost any meal to up the nutrition and gut love value. This Tofu Satay is a delicious way to get your prebiotic fibre and support your digestive and intestinal health.
This recipe is:
- Rich, creamy & peanutty
- A little sweet, a little sour and a little spicy
- Family friendly – you can up and down the chilli depending on little taste buds
- Easy to make
- High protein
- Gut friendly
- Easy to modify to low FODMAP or Gluten Free with the notes below the recipe
Vegan Tofu Satay
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 2
You will need:
- 450g (16oz) firm tofu
- Wooden skewers
- For the marinade:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar · 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
For the satay:
- 200ml (7oz) coconut milk
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp Kfibre
- Press the tofu for 15 minutes by placing the tofu on a plate, with another plate on top of it and then piling a few cans on top.
- Preheat oven to 220° Celsius (430° Fahrenheit)
- While the tofu is pressing prepare the marinade sauce. Combine soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar and garlic powder to a dish whisk to mix together. When the tofu is pressed, cut into strips and place in the marinade sauce. Allow to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Place the marinated tofu onto a lined baking tray and bake for 25 minutes, turning once until lightly golden.
- Make the satay. Combine coconut milk, peanut butter, curry powder, chilli powder and Kfibre in a pot over a low heat. Heat gently, stirring constantly until desired consistency is reached.
- Thread tofu strips onto skewers and serve with satay sauce.
- Omit garlic and use garlic infused olive oil
- Ensure no onion or garlic in curry powder
- Use gluten free tofu
- Use gluten free curry powder