Impressive vegan meals don’t have to take hours. This vegan pesto pasta only takes a handful of ingredients whizzed in a food processer to make a creamy pesto and a pot of boiling water with pasta. Voila, a tasty meal in as little as 20 minutes.
Pesto is one of the easiest ways to get your Kfibre gut health powder in. Being colourless and flavourless Kfibre Original dissolves completely in the food processor. Just add basil, pine nuts, nutritional yeast, Kfibre, lemon juice for brightness, garlic and extra virgin olive oil and whizz until smooth. Meanwhile, boil the pasta to packet directions and enjoy.
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 6
You will need:
- 500g Pasta
For the pesto:
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Kfibre
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 3 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Olive oil
- Cook pasta according to packet directions.
- While pasta is cooking make the pesto. Combine basil, pine nuts, nutritional yeast, Kfibre, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor. Slowly add olive oil while whizzing, until desired consistency is achieved.
- Once pasta is cooked to al dente, drain and reserve 1-2 tbsp of the starchy water. Combine pasta, pesto and starchy water back in the pasta pot and mix through. Serve while hot.
- Omit garlic and add 2 tsp garlic infused olive oil
- Use low FODMAP pasta
Gluten free: Use gluten free pasta
By Joanna Baker (APD | RN)