I love mango and nearly cried when I discovered it was high FODMAP. Thankfully, Monash have rated mango low FODMAP at a 40g serve. Now, this isn’t something I’m going to be able to bathe in, but you know what, some is better than none!
A low FODMAP serve of sweet fresh mango pairs perfectly with the spicy Cajun seasoning on the chicken. All you need is a beer and you’re transported to a street market on a hot balmy evening.
To up the prebiotic benefits, I’ve added Kfibre gut health powder to the seasoning mix, so your gut bugs sing as much as your taste buds. Enjoy!
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10
- Serves: 4
You will need:
- 500g (1lb) Chicken breast, diced
- 4 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tsp Kfibre
- 1 tbsp garlic infused EVOO
- 160g (5½ oz) mango, diced (note: 40g or 1.4 oz of mango per serve is low FODMAP)
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded and diced
- ½ cup spring onion leaves, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 4 low FODMAP wraps
- Combine sweet paprika, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper & Kfibre in a bag. Add diced chicken breast to the bag and shake to coat. Place to the side.
- Make the salsa. Combine mango, cucumber, spring onion, mint, coriander and lime juice in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat garlic infused EVOO in a large pan and cook the chicken in batches until golden and cooked through.
- Assemble the wraps with chicken & mango salsa.
Dairy free: No changes necessary
Gluten free: Use gluten free wraps
Kosher: No changes necessary
By Joanna Baker (APD | RN)