Ok, so who said you couldn’t eat dessert for breakfast. This recipe is just like eating cheesecake, but a healthier breakfast type version. Imagine velvety vanilla yoghurt and explosions of raspberry. Layered with crushed Weet bix. The concept is the same as overnight oats. Only made with Weet bix instead. You start with your base ingredients and then add whatever flavours you like.
- Weet bix – use original, gluten free, a flavoured one or even Weet bix bites
- Yoghurt – I like the creaminess of Greek yoghurt
- Maple syrup – for a little sweetness
- Kfibre gut health powder – to nourish those healthy gut bugs and support digestion.
For toppings, I used banana and raspberries for this recipe, but it’s also delicious with banana and peanut butter or stewed apples and vanilla. Get creative and let us know what flavour creations you come up with?
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
You will need:
- 2 weet bix, crushed
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ firm banana, sliced
- 100g plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp Kfibre
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries
- Mint leaf
1. Place the crushed Weet bix in a medium sized mason jar. Pour milk over the Weet bix and stir to combine. Spread out in an even layer. Top Weet bix with a layer of sliced banana.
2. In a separate bowl combine yoghurt, maple syrup and Kfibre. Whisk to combine. Spread yoghurt mixture evenly over the Weet bix and sliced banana.
3. Top with frozen raspberries and mint leaves. Seal with a lid and refrigerate for two hours or overnight.
Low FODMAP: Use gluten free Weet bix & lactose free milk
Dairy free: Use plant based milk
Gluten Free: Use gluten free Weet bix
By Joanna Baker (APD | RN)