Quiche has to be the ultimate gut friendly recipe. It’s easy to make, stores well and ingredients can be subbed in and out to suit your specific needs. Don’t like broccoli, use zucchini instead. Don’t tolerate onion, use the green part of the leek instead.
I’ve upped the nutritional value of this recipe by adding Kfibre gut health powder to support your microbiome as well. The only thing left to do now is decide if you’re going to have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner?
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Serves: 4
You will need:
- ½ cup chopped broccoli
- ½ cup leek
- Salt & pepper
- 1 ½ cups grated cheese
- ¼ cup self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp Kfibre
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 cups (12 oz) of milk
- ½ cup sliced zucchini
- Parsley to garnish
- Heat oven to 200° Celsius (400° Fahrenheit) and grease a 30cm baking dish.
- Place broccoli, leek, flour, Kfibre, cheese salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well then scatter over the base of the greased baking dish.
- Combine the eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk well. Pour over vegetables and top with sliced zucchini.
- Bake 40 – 45 minutes until golden and puffy.
- Use low FODMAP flour.
- Use only the green part of the leek
- Use lactose free milk
Dairy free: Use plant milk and dairy free cheese
Gluten Free: Use gluten free all-purpose flour