Spaghetti Bolognese is the ultimate comfort food! This Bolognese will not disappoint. The sauce is thick, rich and creamy and even gets the thumbs up by the harshest Bolognese critic…. my 13 year old son.
I’ve spiked this recipe with the best prebiotic fibre supplement – Kfibre, to give it some extra gut healthy oomph. It’s the perfect mid-week meal that can be whipped up in as little as 30 minutes or you can let it simmer away and fill the house with the warm aroma on a Saturday afternoon.
As always, you’ll find modifications to make this recipe low FODMAP, dairy free or gluten free below
The best Spaghetti Bolognese
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4
You will need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tbsp Kfibre
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 3 – 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt & pepper
- 400g dried spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add onion, garlic, celery and carrot and cook stirring for 4-5 minutes until beginning to soften. Add mince and continue to cook until lightly browned. Sprinkle Kfibre over mince, add canned tomatoes and beef stock. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes until liquid has reduced. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta to packet directions. Drain and serve with Bolognese sauce and parmesan cheese
- Omit onion and garlic and replace with onion and garlic infused oil.
- Use low FODMAP beef stock
- Dairy free: Omit or use dairy free parmesan
- Gluten Free: Use gluten free spaghetti