Why I love this smoothie:
- Its plant based & suitable for a vegan or vegetarian diet
- The cashews increase the protein without the need for protein powder
- Its packed with healthy fats
- I love cashews
- Did I say I love cashews? Yep, I do.
Protein, fibre and healthy fats lightly sweetened with banana and dates all packed into an easy and delicious smoothie. Of course, cashews are high FODMAP, but I can assure you this is just as good with almonds and sweetened with maple syrup.
Kfibre, of course, is the fertiliser for your microbiome. But did you also know that what sets it apart from other prebiotic fibres is that it’s a complex fibre? This means that unlike other fibres it’s not isolated by heat treating which destroys the antioxidants, polyphenols and other beneficial nutrients. Kfibre is 100% natural virgin sugarcane with just the sucrose removed. It is more similar to the natural fibre found in plants than other fibres and is more than just a fibre because it has all the beneficial nutrients as well as the prebiotic fibres.
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: nil
- Serves: 1
You will need:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp Kfibre
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- ½ tbsp chopped cashews to serve
Place banana, almond milk, blueberries, dates, flax seeds, Kfibre & cashew butter in a blender and whizz until smooth. Pour into a glass and top with a few chopped cashews.
- Omit dates and replace with 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Swap cashew butter and cashews for almond butter and almonds
Gluten free: No modifications necessary
By Joanna Baker (APD | RN)